The Application Process
- Complete an application (required). The Valley School is one of many Seattle area schools using Ravenna Admit for the online application process. Through Ravenna, you will be able to complete the core application as well as request supplemental forms. Supplemental forms are common forms that are shared among multiple schools. This means that you will only need to request the teacher evaluation and the school records once and they will be electronically submitted to the schools that you have applied to through Ravenna. *Please see note regarding age requirements at the bottom of this page.
- Attend a school tour (optional). At The Valley School, we believe that a tour of our school is an important step in the application process. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has limited our options to provide this valuable experience. Once you have initiated your application in the Ravenna online application system, you'll be able to access a link to sign up for a tour experience on the Valley School campus. If you have any questions, please contact Lora Kolmer, Director of Admissions and Community Relations at email@example.com.
- Sign up for a Virtual Meet and Greet with Valley Families (optional). Valley families love to talk about their school and community experience. Click on one of the dates and times below to register and attend be included in this opportunity to hear the inside scoop on our school and program.
December 8 at 9 a.m.
December 9 at 7 p.m.
- A Virtual Open House with Head of School Alan Braun, Faculty & Staff, and Valley School Alumni (optional). This virtual event will allow you to learn more about our exceptional academic program, as well as what our alumni thought about their school experience and where they are now. Click here to register, or register when you are on the Ravenna Online Application website, for this event taking place Thursday, December 10 at 7 p.m.
- The Video Assessment (replacing the child visit). The Valley School is collaborating with several local independent elementary schools on a video assessment process that will simplify the final stage of the application process. To help us get to know your student in a year where we cannot meet in person, we will ask you to videotape five tasks we ask your child to complete. This will allow us to see the skill level of applicants, and help build a well-rounded class for the upcoming school year. Communication regarding the video assessments will be distributed the week of December 14, 2020.
Questions? Contact Lora Kolmer, Director of Admissions and Community Relations firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
IMPORTANT ADMISSION DATES:
Thursday, December 17, 2020 — SIBLING Application Decision Notification
Thursday, January 14, 2021 — Admission Application Deadline
Late January 2021 — Video Assessment Due
Thursday, February 4, 2021 — Financial Aid Application Deadline
Friday, March 19, 2021 — Admission notification and Financial Aid letters emailed
Friday, March 26, 2021 — Applicant Family Reply Deadline