The Application Process
The goal of the admissions process, is for us to get to know your family and your child. Along with that, we share our mission, allow you to explore our campus, and learn more about our educational approach, so you can better determine if Valley is a good fit for your family. Below are the steps that help us both learn more about each other.
- Complete an application (required). The Valley School is one of many Seattle area schools using Ravenna Admit for the online application process. Through Ravenna, you will be able to complete the core application as well as request supplemental forms. Supplemental forms are common forms that are shared among multiple schools. This means that you will only need to request the teacher evaluation and the school records once and they will be electronically submitted to the schools that you have applied to through Ravenna. *Please see note regarding age requirements at the bottom of this page.
- Attend a school tour (required). At The Valley School, we believe that a tour of our school is an important step in the application process. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has limited our options to provide this valuable experience. Once you have initiated your application in the Ravenna online application system, you'll be able to access a link to sign up for a tour experience on the Valley School campus. If you have any questions, please contact Lora Kolmer, Director of Admissions and Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up for a Virtual Meet and Greet with Valley Families (optional). Valley families love to talk about their school and community experience. Our families are currently checking their schedules to find convenient times to meet with families that would like to learn more about Valley. Check back here, or watch your email, for dates and times to be included in this opportunity to hear the inside scoop on our school and program.
- An Evening with Head of School Alan Braun, Faculty & Staff, and Valley School Alumni (optional). This virtual event will allow you to learn more about our exceptional academic program, as well as what our alumni thought about their school experience and where they are now. Check back here, or the Ravenna Online Application website, for an update regarding this important admission event.
- The child visit (TBD). Once your application is complete in Ravenna, you will be contacted by email about the possibilities of a child visit. Since the upcoming school year will be different than other years, we will let applicant families know what next steps are needed to get to know your student better. That communication will likely take place in late December 2020-February 2021.
*A note regarding age requirements:
Children most appropriate for our learning program will turn 4 years old by September 1 to apply for our Pre-K room, and 5 years old by September 1 to apply for our Kindergarten. Children with a birthday close to the date cutoff may be considered during the admission process. Contact Lora Kolmer (email@example.com) to explore this option.
Questions? Contact Lora Kolmer, Director of Admissions and Community Relations firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
IMPORTANT ADMISSION DATES:
Friday, March 26, 2021 — Applicant Family Reply Deadline
THE VALLEY SCHOOL ADMISSION NON-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
The Valley School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, creed, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, family composition, gender identity, veteran’s status, disability, use of a trained service animal, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.